Thursday, 8 December 2011

Hilary's Quilt

This was a group project with some friends to remember one of our group who died.  The individual embroideries that make up the whole, represent her interests and family. We used many techniques including quilting and 3D effects with fabric manipulation for the Peace Birds wings.

I used mostly satin stitch on my bird with French knots.  The tatting was worked by me as well. The whole project took more than two years to complete and now hangs in the Baptist church in Seasalter. 

Monday, 18 July 2011

Sophie's Quilt nearly finished ....

Sophie's quilt is at the quilting stage.

In earlier posts I showed the animal embroideries and the materials I was going to use to make up the quilt.

Now they are all pieced together, I have basted the three layers, sandwiching the padding between the top and the backing material. The next stage is to quilt around the animal pieces in the gutter.

Monday, 3 January 2011

Darcy Framed

Here is the picture framed and on the wall in Darcy's room.